Warranty, Returns, Terms, and Privacy
We do not share, sell, rent, loan, or otherwise disclose your personal information. Simple.
You want your equipment to last a long time, yes?
ZaReason gives you an industry standard warranty: 1 year free and you can purchase either a 2 or 3 year upgrade to continue that warranty. Here is the legalese:
ZaReason grants you, the purchaser, a one-year limited warranty in hardware defects. We do not warranty the software or problems that arise with your system due to accident, misuse, improper usage of the system and its components, or user error. If this product proves defective, ZaReason, at its option, will (a) repair the product, (b) replace the product, or (c) refund the purchase price of the product, provided that the product has been returned according to procedure.
ZaReason no longer offers an open hardware warranty but does honor the open warranty on computers shipped previous to August 1, 2011.
We have a generous warranty and return policy. Your system receives extensive testing and extensive double and triple checking to make sure it passes all Quality Control tests before it ships. We prefer to fix any problems up front rather than later.
If you get it and decide that it's just too different from Windows or Mac for your liking (or for any reason) feel free to return it within 30 days for a refund. Note that there is a 15% restocking fee on all returns. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
For returns or warranty work:
1. You need a RMA number before you send it in. Email us at email@example.com and tell us what's wrong. We reply with your RMA number.
2. Package the laptop or desktop in its original packaging or equivalent . It is extremely important that you package it properly. If the computer arrives back at our shop damaged, we can not cover damages for you. Please insure it and pack it properly.
3. Include the following in your return box:
* RMA number
* your original invoice if you still have it. If not, your name and address at the time of your purchase
* a short description of what is wrong
* your best contact info
4. Mail it within 3 business days after receiving the RMA by email. Ship to our main office:
1647 Hopkins St
Berkeley, CA 94707
At our discretion, we will repair or replace any components needed to get the system working.
How long does it take for repairs?
Typically, our turn-around is 24 to 48 hours since we run repairs on the same cycle as our purchase orders. This may take longer depending on the steps needed to repair your computer.
How long does it take for returns?
Once we receive the returned item in our shop, we check it to make sure that all parts have been returned properly, then we grant a refund of the purchase price minus the 15% restocking fee. Note that we can only grant refunds on faulty equipment. If it is obvious that your returned item was run over by a tire tred or other such misuse, we can not cover this damage. Please contact your insurance company instead.
Who pays the postage / shipping on returns?
You pay to ship it to us; we pay to ship it to you, which is actually more generous than most stores. Note that there is a chance you only need to send back part of the laptop or desktop which reduces shipping cost. Of course, if you don't want to go to the trouble of opening up your laptop or desktop, feel free to send it back for repairs intact. If the system is fully functioning, we do charge the return shipping to you. Please don't send your system in unless you are sure there is a problem.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, the boring part: Terms and Conditions
This Standard Terms and Conditions for Sale Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions that apply to any order, purchase, receipt, delivery or use of any products from ZaReason Corporation. By accepting delivery of the product(s) purchased from ZaReason and described on your invoice, you agree to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice.
1.“We”, “us” and/or “our” means ZaReason.
2."You” or “your” means the individual or entity named on the invoice.
2. Payment Terms, Orders, and Interest. Advertised prices are in U.S. dollars and, unless otherwise noted, exclude shipping, handling and any taxes that may be imposed by your local authorities. ZaReason is not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors in any offer and we reserve the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors. We reserve the right to upgrade components as needed or use a comparable component as needed.
3. Shipping, Title and Risk of Loss. Shipping dates are only estimates. The arrival date of your orders depends on the speed of delivery you selected and on the carrier's ability to deliver. You must notify ZaReason of damaged or missing items from your order within fourteen (14) calendar days after you receive your product.
4. Return Policy. You may return ZaReason-branded products purchased directly from ZaReason in accordance with ZaReason's Warranty.
5. The standard ZaReason Warranty also applies to ZaReason-branded products shipped to a country outside of the United States, provided that customers outside of the United States are responsible for paying all freight charges incurred in shipping, importing/exporting, receiving replacement products and parts and for arranging and paying for the shipment of any defective part(s) back to ZaReason. All international customers are responsible for all customs duties, VAT and other associated taxes and charges.
6. There are no warranties for software, services, or non-ZaReason branded products. Warranty and service for non-ZaReason branded products, if any, are provided by the original manufacturer.
7. Governing Law. This Agreement and any sales hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles, and excluding the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
8. Under United States law, the goods shipped by ZaReason shall not be sold, leased, or otherwise transferred to restricted countries or utilized by an end-user engaged in activities related to weapons of mass destruction. You agree not to provide any written regulatory certifications or notifications on behalf of ZaReason. ZaReason has not tested product for use in high-risk activities including any life sustaining, chemical, or mission critical use. ZaReason will not have any liabilities from damages arising from high risk activities.
That's all. Just be nice.