We promote the sharing of free and open source software, but not the sharing of your personal information! Your information is kept private, the way it should be.
How much will it cost? As you go through check-out you will be able to see the shipping cost, along with the options for shipping speed, before actually buying it.
When will I get it? Typical build-to-ship time is three to four business days. The speed of delivery depends on which method of shipping you request.
Note! If your shipping and billing do not match or there are other red flags, your order will go through an extra level of verification, adding two to three days to the process.
In certain mission critical situations, we have been known to get a shipment out same day. If this is the case for you, either email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 9 am to 5 pm PST at: 510-868-5000 and we can tell you whether or not we can do your specific build in the timeline you need.
APOs: Yes, we ship to APOs! If you have any issues with your unique address, please email email@example.com
Canada: Yes, we do ship to Canada.
International: For the first four years of business we shipped internationally to a very long list of countries. Free and open software does not have borders; we wanted the hardware to be more open too but we were spending so much time determining which orders were legitimate and which were not, that it was taking away from our core work. It is simply a matter of company infrastructure. We hope to get back to shipping internationally again in 2019.
Educational, Non-profit, Gov't, Purchase Orders and Bulk
Education: You can get a 5% discount if you are a student or a teacher. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your affiliation information that will help us verify. Good luck with your studies / your students!
Non-Profit: We offer the deepest discount we offer anyone, 5%. This adds up quickly and since our computers are already priced to be so deeply competitive on the market. Please email us at email@example.com with information regarding your non-profit so we can get you set up with computers that will last you a long time.
Government: We often ship to APOs -- they are the best testers. For contracts, we are in CCR.gov and are a certified woman-owned economically disadvantaged small business.
Purchase orders: Government and large educational institutions automatically qualify. Others qualify at >$10K / month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. The process is quick and simple. Our EIN is 20-8464172.
Bulk purchase: Five or more of the same item in one purchase qualifies you for the 5% discount. We set the quantity low so that smaller shops in various locations can get stocked easily. Please email email@example.com for more information.
ZaReason has an industry standard warranty: 1 year free and you can purchase either a 2 or 3 year upgrade to continue that warranty.
Here is the legalese: ZaReason grants you, the purchaser, a one-year limited warranty in hardware defects. We do not warranty the software or problems that arise with your system due to accident, misuse, improper usage of the system and its components, or user error. If this product proves defective, ZaReason, at its option, will (a) repair the product, (b) replace the product, or (c) refund the purchase price of the product, provided that the product has been returned according to procedure.
Your one-year warranty includes replacement for a defective battery. During the coverage period, ZaReason will replace the battery if it drops below 50% of its original capacity. Batteries naturally wear out over time depending on usage and various factors. You can purchase replacements or spares from the ZaReason site. Extended warranties do not cover batteries.
For returns or warranty work:
1. You need a RMA number before you send it in. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what's wrong. We will see if there is a great solution, but if the computer needs to come in for repairs, we will reply with your RMA number.
2. Before sending it in, please backup your data. We are not responsible for any data loss that may occur when your system is being serviced.
3. Package the laptop or desktop in its original packaging or equivalent. Original packaging was: a double-wall sturdy box with padding in any empty space. Individual items such as power cord and other supplies need to be wrapped separately so they don't scrape other items while in transit. It is extremely important that you package it properly. If the computer arrives back at our shop damaged, we can not cover damage due to insufficient packaging. Please insure your package and pack it properly.
Include the following in your return box:
* RMA number written clearly on the outside of the box
* your original invoice if you still have it. If not, your name and address at the time of your purchase
* a short description of what is wrong
* your best contact info
Note: Without this RMA number clearly written on the box, the box will be placed in a pile for donation to charity, cleared out the last Monday of every month. Getting an RMA number is crucial.
4. Mail it within 3 business days after receiving the RMA by email. Ship to our main office:ZaReason240 West NepessingLapeer, Michigan 48446
At our discretion, we will repair or replace any components.
Repairs? Typically, our turn-around is three to five days. It may take longer depending on the steps needed to repair your computer.
How long does it take for returns? Once we receive the returned item in our shop, we check it to make sure that all parts have been returned properly, then we grant a refund of the purchase price minus the 15% restocking fee. Note that we can only grant refunds on faulty equipment. If it is obvious that your returned item was obviously dropped or other such misuse, we can not cover this damage. Please contact your insurance company instead.
Who pays shipping on returns? You pay to ship it to us; we pay to ship it to you, which is actually more generous than most stores. Note that there is a chance you only need to send back part of the computer which may reduce shipping cost. Of course, if you don't want to go to the trouble of opening up your laptop or desktop, feel free to send it back for repairs intact. If the system is fully functioning, we do charge the return shipping to you. Do not send your system in unless you have received an RMA number which verifies that you have a repair worthy problem.
We have a generous warranty and return policy. Your system receives extensive testing and extensive double and triple checking to make sure it passes all Quality Control tests before it ships. We prefer to fix any problems up front before it ships rather than later. If you get it and decide that it's just too different from Windows or Mac for your liking (or for any reason) feel free to return it within 30 days for a refund. Note that there is a 15% restocking fee on all returns. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
Terms and Conditions
Finally, the boring part: This Standard Terms and Conditions for Sale Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions that apply to any order, purchase, receipt, delivery or use of any products from ZaReason Corporation. By accepting delivery of the product(s) purchased from ZaReason and described on your invoice, you agree to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice.
1. Definitions. “We”, “us” and/or “our” means ZaReason. "You” or “your” means the individual or entity named on the invoice. 2. Payment Terms, Orders, and Interest. Advertised prices are in U.S. dollars and, unless otherwise noted, exclude shipping, handling and any taxes that may be imposed by your local authorities. ZaReason is not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors in any offer and we reserve the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors. We reserve the right to upgrade components as needed or use a comparable component as needed.
2. Shipping, Title and Risk of Loss. Shipping dates are only estimates. The arrival date of your orders depends on the speed of delivery you selected and on the carrier's ability to deliver. You must notify ZaReason of damaged or missing items from your order within fourteen (14) calendar days after you receive your product.
3. Return Policy. You may return ZaReason-branded products purchased directly from ZaReason in accordance with ZaReason's Warranty.
4. The standard ZaReason Warranty also applies to ZaReason-branded products shipped to a country outside of the United States, provided that customers outside of the United States are responsible for paying all freight charges incurred in shipping, importing/exporting, receiving replacement products and parts and for arranging and paying for the shipment of any defective part(s) back to ZaReason. All international customers are responsible for all customs duties, VAT and other associated taxes and charges.
5. There are no warranties for software, services, or non-ZaReason branded products. Warranty and service for non-ZaReason branded products, if any, are provided by the original manufacturer.
6. Governing Law. This Agreement and any sales hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles, and excluding the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
7. Under United States law, the goods shipped by ZaReason shall not be sold, leased, or otherwise transferred to restricted countries or utilized by an end-user engaged in activities related to weapons of mass destruction. You agree not to provide any written regulatory certifications or notifications on behalf of ZaReason. ZaReason has not tested product for use in high-risk activities including any life sustaining, chemical, or mission critical use. ZaReason will not have any liabilities from damages arising from high risk activities.